I Am The Sun and He can Go Suck It

I Am The Sun and He can Go Suck It
Get Your Grey's Fix

Disclaimer

Grey's Anatomy Addicts in in no way affiliated with ABC TV, Shonda Rhimes or Grey's Anatomy. It is a personal blog containing news and gossip, my personal opinions and that of the fans. All photos have the correct attribution added.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Sandra Oh Shares Her Feelings About Leaving Grey's Anatomy



Fans are still trying to get their head around the fact that after Season 10 of Grey's Anatomy they will not be seeing Cristina Yang running around Grey Sloan Memorial terrorizing interns or firing her snarky comments at everyone. The character of Cristina Yang is for me, one of the most well written TV characters that I have ever had the pleasure to watch. It also seems clear that Sandra Oh is having a tough time with her decision to leave. It is understandable that you would feel very emotional about leaving behind a show and character that you have portrayed for the last ten years.








Sandra Oh told the Hollywood Reporter: "Letting go of such a huge part of my life, I want to cry right now, Grey's has been the most important role of my life. Learning the rare opportunity of what it is to work on one project for 10 years — that's like being married in television years for like a thousand years."


Sandra Officially Leaves After Season 10


Sandra is not leaving immediately as her contract does not end until May, which means she will be on Grey's Anatomy as Cristina Yang for another twenty-four episode. Sandra is hoping that her character is not killed off, so the story is left open for her to return. She has expressed her desire to be a part of the Series Finale. Let's face it; Cristina Yang has been through some rough stuff during her ten years on the show and a happy ending for her seems fitting.

Sandra has said "I want this to be a celebration, I want us to get to that point where we see this character ride off into the sunset. Playing Cristina and growing her and growing myself in her, I want to usher her into the next section of her life in the best way possible. It's got to be Cristina Yang's happily-ever-after."


Sandra Hopes to Return for the Series Finale


I don't think this is the last time we will see Cristina. If she is open to guest starring for an episode here and there, I think Shonda Rhimes would jump at the chance, and an appearance now and then would boost the ratings as Sandra Oh has a huge following. Should Sandra be invited back for the Series Finale, she has stated: "There's no way that no one could keep me away from that and in the meantime, I'm just going to focus on every single day. I just can't think about [leaving] right now."

Sandra Oh also revealed to The Hollywood Reporter that she will most likely keep Cristina Yangs id tags and stethoscope as a reminder of her most important acting role. She went on to say that "In 10 or 20 years, when I'm lounging around in my muumuu with a martini, I'm going to watch Grey's Anatomy from the pilot to whenever it ends, and I'm going to enjoy myself thoroughly and enjoy seeing all those moments and being able to see it with a new perspective."





So Grey's fans; what do you all think of Sandra's statement. It sounds like it was a very hard decision for her to make, but I essentially feel that she has made the right one for her career. As disappointed as I feel that my favourite Grey's character is leaving, I wish her the very best and will be keeping track of what she's up to in her career. I really hope that we see her in something great soon.

Tell me your opinion on this news, do you think Grey's will suffer with the loss of Sandra Oh? I personally think the show would suffer more if Ellen or Patrick left, however, Sandra Oh has many fans, and she and Grey's Anatomy were trending on Twitter last night.


Sources:






Follow Grey's Anatomy Addicts on Facebook and Twitter



Visit my website: Janelle Coulton; Freelance Writer


If you would like to place a link to your site when commenting, I would be happy to link-share or back-link from my site to yours and vice-versa. 





Thanks for visiting today.  




Copyright © 2013 Janelle Coulton

No comments:

Post a Comment